Another Successful ADCPs in Action Hits San Diego!
Despite the government sequestration, back-to-back conferences, and an ultimate government shut down, we’re extremely pleased to announce that Teledyne RDI hosted another successful AiA biennial Users’ Conference in San Diego on September 29 – October 2, 2013.
Over 170 attendees joined us from all corners of the globe to share their ADCP / DVL experience with their peers and Teledyne RDI’s staff. In addition to outstanding conference content, attendees were also treated to some fantastic San Diego weather and a beautiful new venue on Coronado Island.
Bill Kikendall, General Manager, address our AiA attendees at the opening session. We hit some technical glitches at the outset, but worked our way through. Onward!
Todd Mudge of ASL Environmental Science presents on the use of ADCPs in the Arctic.
On water and dockside demonstrations abound!
Attendees check out our 23 event co-sponsors during our exhibitors’ cocktail hour.
Dan Murphy, our resident Water Resources Rock Star, presents a training session on our new RiverRay with Vertical Beam.
The Coronado Island Marriott served as a beautiful and relaxing new location for this year’s event.
Gail and Margo fall over in exhaustion after a fast-paced, fun and exciting week with our customers!
This year’s AiA event included 3 jam-packed days, brimming with customer presentations, product / software trainings, and much more.
Our presentations were once again split into three concurrent tracks, including:
- Water Resources – flow and discharge measurement in rivers and streams
- Marine Measurements – current profiling and waves measurement, CTD and Carbon Sensors for oceanographic applications
- Navigation – underwater Doppler navigation and diver applications
AiA 2013 Event Highlights Included:
- A spectacular line up of Sunday networking events. This year’s events included something for everyone, including surfing, kayaking, deep sea fishing, a tour of the Midway, and a walking food tour of Coronado
- Nearly 50 customer presentations – from speakers originating from all corners of the world
- 18 afternoon product / software training sessions
- Daily on-water ADCP, CTD, Carbon Sensor, and multi-beam demonstrations – as well as a regatta of autonomous surface vehicles
- Poster papers on display
- One-on-one meetings with our field service, sales and senior management teams
- Access to over 80 Teledyne RDI employees, who cycled through this event over the 3-day period speaking with customers and listening to their needs
- A fast-paced and exciting Lightning Round session filled with five 5-minute tips and tricks for ADCP/DVL users
- An exhibitors’ cocktail hour, which allowed attendees to mingle and meet with our 23 event co-sponsors
- A fun and memorable night of singing and dancing to dueling pianos at the Shout House restaurant. (Don’t worry – we won’t be posting those pictures J)
- A hardy 25 AiA attendees that took part in our post-AiA tour of our very impressive (if we do say so ourselves) Poway facility.
And of course – what would this event be without our wonderful AiA Co-sponsors!
Attendees were able to spend time with some of the industry’s leading manufacturers of products and services that compliment ADCP and DVL applications.
This year’s event co- sponsors included:
And our Media Sponsors:
Download our full AiA 2013 Event Schedule
Thanks for joining us in 2013!
In 2014, we’ll be hosting global AiA Users’ Conferences in cooperation with our representative network in The Netherlands, Australia, and India. Stay tuned for details!