PAVS 150 - Phased Array Doppler Velocity Log
Teledyne RD Instruments new 150 kHz Phased Array Velocity Sensor
(PAVS150) is the industry’s first 1000 meter depth rated Doppler Velocity
Log (DVL) designed to provide precision velocity data at up to 500 meters
of altitude above the seafloor.
This extended range bottom tracking capability makes the PAVS150 ideally
suited for aiding navigation systems on board any platform where the ability
to transition from the deep waters of the open oceans to the shallow operating
environments of the littoral zone is seen as a critical enabler.
Designed specifically with the Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) in
mind, the PAVS150 is compact enough to be packaged into vehicles as
small as 12.75 inches (32.39 cm) in diameter and utilizes state of the art
electronics to provide expanded connectivity with other sensors while
minimizing overall power consumption. These features are not exclusively
advantageous to UUV applications, and can also be leveraged for surface
and submarine craft manned and unmanned alike.
The compact and powerful PAVS150 combines Teledyne RDI’s proven
bottom detection algorithms and single ping bottom location capability
with its broadband velocity processing technology to provide
users with high-precision velocity data for reliable navigation and position
processing in a highly robust and reliable manner over any indeterminate
Frequency: 150 kHz
Max Depth: 1000M
PAVS 150 Datasheet (low resolution)
» click here
Navigation Product Selection Guide
» click here
PAVS-150 Applications / Platforms
» view applications
The new PAVS-150 provides:
- 1000 meter depth rating and 500m bottom tracking capability for deep water operations requiring extended ranges.
- Compact transducer and electronics allow the sensor to be installed in 12.75” vehicles.
- Flexible triggering with both a trigger in and the ability to send a trigger out.
- Multiple communication channels to allow for optimum connectivity with external sensors.
- Real-time current profiling option provides additional critical data parameters from a single instrument.
- Available in self-contained (standard or right angle configuration) or OEM packaging for optimum system configuration flexibility.
Teledyne RDI's PAVS-150 has been specifically designed for use on:
Have an application you'd like to share?
- Manned Submersibles
- Surface Vessels
We'd love to hear from you! (And, as a token of our appreciation, we'll send you a special gift!)
Please fill in this brief online form; and e-mail any accompanying photos or data sets to MNewcombe@teledyne.com.
Short on time? Contact Margo to schedule a quick telephone interview.
Looking for more information?
Contact the Navigation Product Line for immediate assistance. >>contact info